Careers & Internships
We are always on the lookout for great talent to join our organization. Below please find our current opportunities.
Minds Matter is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of research, administrative, and general support to the Minds Matter development team. In return, Minds Matter will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, national development, youth education support, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a national reach. The Development Intern will report to the CEO and will support the development effort.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct research on potential donors, strategic partners, markets and
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external
- Draft correspondence, reports, proposals and donor
- Assist the development staff in planning donor events and other
- Maintain donor files and other development
- Support the develop team in creating donor relation emails and outreach.
- Attend department and staff
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
- Strong writing and research
- Desire to learn more about fundraising and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with databases is a
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to
- A demonstrated commitment to the Minds Matter mission and
- Impeccable ethical standards and personal
Hours, Start Date and Duration
Flexible, within business hours (8:00 am to 5:00 pm). The internship will start at a mutually agreed upon date and may continue through the 2017- 2018 academic year, depending on mutual interest and satisfactory performance. This internship is unpaid.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two-page writing sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Development Intern” in the subject line). The position is available for immediate hire, with applications considered on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible. No phone calls, please.
While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position, other duties may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at the discretion of management. The position is based in Midtown, Manhattan.
Minds Matter is an equal opportunity employer.