Careers & Internships
Development and Communications Senior Manager
Founded in New York City in 1991, Minds Matter is a national college access organization with chapters in 14 cities
that connect driven and determined students from low-income families with the people, preparation, and
possibilities to succeed in college, create their future, and change the world. Minds Matter serves over 1,000
students and engages over 2,500 volunteers in meaningful service. Minds Matter now seeks an enthusiastic,
flexible, and driven Senior Program Manager for Development and Communications to join the team. This is a
unique position that works directly with the CEO, senior staff, The Board of Directors, as well as with all 14
chapters, providing fundraising (development) and communications support. The role requires that someone be
solution and customer service oriented in helping the CEO, Board of Directors, and chapters navigate their
This is a mid-level position with a salary of $70,000 - $80,000 (based on years of experience). Minds Matter is a
fully remote organization that offers full and generous healthcare benefits, a fun and flexible workplace, and a
generous vacation policy.
● Team player who is ready to learn and grow with the organization
● Customer-service minded, positive attitude, and an excellent communicator
● Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to problem solve independently
● Ability to manage multiple complex tasks and requests
● Strong writing and analytical skills
● Able to bring solutions to the team
● Embraces a “no task too big and no task too small” positive attitude
● Passionate about the Minds Matter mission
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
● Support the CEO in donor meeting preparation, analytical, and implementation tasks
● Able to take the lead on donor presentations
● Ability to develop a fundraising strategy
● Able to develop collateral materials for donor presentations including but not limited to Power Point
presentations and videos
● Support communications to chapters, donors, board members and other stakeholders
● Develop and manage the Minds Matter communications strategy
● Bachelor’s degree required
● At least 6 years of work experience in fundraising support and communications
● Strong writing, collateral development skills including Power Point, design programs, and video
● Some understanding of Salesforce database management and reporting systems
● Given that Minds Matter is an education service organization, some knowledge of the education field is
preferred but not essential.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com – subject SPM Dev Comms.
Part of this job will be creating videos as development collateral. If you have past samples of similar work, please
include a link with your resume and cover letter.
We are always on the lookout for great talent to join our organization or affiliate chapters. Below please find our current opportunities at the chapter level.